Pickles Pre-School is based at Cherry Tree in our Community Room and is for children from 2 years 6 months upwards. They are open from 9:05am to 12:05pm, term-time only, with an optional lunch club to 1:35pm for children over 3 years old. For more information please follow link below to visit their website, email them at Lynsey.email@example.com or call 01923 223538.
Little Rascals – Breakfast and After School Club
For many years, our parents/carers have been sending their children to Little Rascals for wrap-around care. They have now opened up another base on our school grounds and are able to provide care from 8am in the morning and up to 6pm in the evening during term time. For more information please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07763 214360.
Family Service Directory
This website provides information for Parents and Carers on a number of topics including finding childcare, activities in your area and money and financial issues.
Free 30 Hours Childcare Offer
This is a new entitlement for working parents of 3 and 4 year old children which will be introduced in September 2017. This is an additional 15 hours per week entitlement in addition to the child’s existing 15 hour free early education place. This can be offered term time only (over 38 weeks) or can be stretched across the whole year to meet parental needs. To qualify:
- All parents in the household work at least 16 hours a week and earn at least £107 per week up to a maximum salary of £100,000 per parent in the household.
- Self employed parents and parents on zero-hours contracts will be eligible if they meet the average earnings criteria.
- One parent is employed and one parent is disabled or incapacitated, based on receipt of specific benefits one parent is employed and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities, based on specific benefits received for caring.
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave.
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay.
Please click on the link below to be re-directed to Hertfordshire County Council’s website for more information about how to apply:
Cherry Tree Nursery operates mornings only and offers 15 hours per week. Parents/carers who successfully apply for the 30 hour a week offer can apply to Pickles Pre-School or other providers for their remaining entitlement.